Communication is our lifeline to the outside world. The work we do helps to break down communication barriers, whether it is through a face-to-face interaction or providing education and family communication support.
Some of the ways your gift will be put to work:
- Provide support for Deaf individuals so they can communicate with family, friends, caregivers, and be productively engaged in the community
- Provide awareness and prevention education to youth and young adults to protect and preserve their Deaf culture so that their futures are not compromised
- Provide excellent resources so Deaf individuals will be able to enjoy social events, ceremonies, events, lectures/workshops, arts and entertainment.
- Help families with Deaf children learn critical skills in American Sign Language to be able to communicate effectively within the family and begin the all-important early learning development process.
- Provide volunteered companionships for Seniors to ensure they are not isolated and get the help that they need within their home, families and the community.
Donating online is as easy as 1-2-3. Simply donate to Calgary Association of the Deaf. Here, you can make a one-time donation, or set up monthly donations. Following your online donation, a tax receipt will be emailed to you.
MONTHLY DONATION*please note monthly donations last for 12 months
Employee Matching Gifts
Many companies today demonstrate strong corporate social responsibility by supporting charitable organizations and encourage their employees to share this responsibility through donor matching programs. Donor matching multiplies the value of your gift and therefore multiplies the ability to impact and make a difference in our community.
Check with your company’s Human Resources department to see if they offer an employee matching gifts program. If they don’t, ask your company to initiate this as part of its charitable giving strategy. If your employer does offer this program, your Human Resources department should provide you with a matching gift form to send to Deaf & Hear Alberta along with your donation.
Birthdays, anniversaries, weddings, graduation: turn your personal celebration into a memorable party by giving to Calgary Association of the Deaf. Whether it’s a 50th birthday party, a 25th wedding anniversary, or a grandchild’s graduation, consider a donation in lieu of asking your guests for gifts.
Your guests will appreciate their monetary gift going to support a young Deaf student learning to read English, provide social event activities, or a volunteer providing support for seniors so they too can enjoy the special events in their lives.
To make a donation in lieu of gifts for a special occasion, fill out the form below.
Transfer of Shares
A gift of securities can deliver significant tax advantages, allowing you to give to our organization at a lower after-tax cost to you. For details on how to transfer stocks or securities, please contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org
Here are the ways to contact us:
- Email: email@example.com
- Mail: c/o 63 Cornell Road NW, Calgary, AB T2L 0L4
Calgary Association of the Deaf is a registered charitable organization. Our Charitable Registration number 822949525-RR0001